the analog kid

Group:
Administrator

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 16/2/2023, 20:32

the analog kid

Group:
Administrator

Per il Record Store day che avverrà il 22 Aprile 2023, verrà pubblicato il picture disc dell'omonimo e primo album degli Envy of None
https://recordstoreday.com

331542818-586528883030108-3409576078618980369-n

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 28/2/2023, 10:23

the analog kid

Group:
Administrator

Nuova intervista a Lifeson che parla anche del prossimo futuro

"Quando abbiamo fatto questi concerti insieme (con Geddy) in ricordo di Taylor Hawkins, abbiamo avuto una vera carica dal suonare insieme: è stata la prima volta in sette anni. Vedremo. Sono sicuro che faremo qualcosa insieme. Ma non abbiamo alcuna urgenza e non stiamo esercitando alcuna pressione l'un l'altro per fare qualcosa. L'interesse c'è. Continuiamo a sentire i fan dei Rush che non vedono l'ora che facciamo qualcosa di nuovo, qualcosa in futuro".

https://americansongwriter.com/alex-lifeso...lf2OV3sfaJQFTCg

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 21/4/2023, 09:53

the analog kid

Group:
Administrator

Nuovo EP per il progetto Envy of None di Alex Lifeson in uscita il 9 giugno e intitolato ‘That Was Then, This Is Now’.
Il nuovo EP conterrà i remixes di ‘Dumb’ e ‘Dog’s Life’ più ‘Lethe River’ e ‘You’ll Be Sorry’ già presenti nella deluxe edition e un nuovo brano ‘That Was Then’.

“Very happy to say that chapter 2 for Envy of None has officially started. We have a brand new song called “ That Was Then” which marks the first new track we’ve recorded since our debut album release almost a year ago. The new EP has that song sandwiched between some really trippy remixes that we had some serious fun creating. We’re also looking forward to sharing all of these songs in 360 surround sound to take it one step further. Stay tuned for more cool news around the corner for EON…” (Andy Curran)

What a whirlwind these past months have been. We've begun sharing some ideas and have a handful of seeds that we hope to start watering soon. Maiah is wrapping up her new album and I've been guesting on several projects that are quite diverse and always fun. Alf is super busy teaching his students the difference between a db and a doobie and Andy is always busy writing and thinking up stuff. My little studio continues to clutter with yet more guitars, amps and ancient outboard gear I keep coming across. Yeah it's pretty ancient stuff and most of it, I bought new!!

I created a handy acoustic guitar recording station...hang on, I'll measure it...it's 26 inches from where I'm sitting right now and consists of an Earthworks TCM30K at the neck position and a Neumann TLM103 at the bridge position 18 inches away from each other. All I need to do is swing to my right, put my foot on the footstand that's taped to the floor to ensure a consistent position, hit record and hope I play okay. I also moved in a couple new Lerxst amps and have a cabinet mic'd that I've been using a lot lately. Plug-ins and speaker sims have come a long way and sound pretty good but stick a 57 or a 421 in front of a speaker, you can't help but be convinced it's the only way to go when recording guitars. (Alex Lifeson)

342689459-255191196956209-2617381208321738143-n

Edited by luca2112 - 22/4/2023, 10:39

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 6/5/2023, 09:24

the analog kid

Group:
Administrator

Alex Lifeson nel nuovo album di Marco Minnemann ospite nel brano di apertura Egg Nog

https://marcominnemann1.bandcamp.com/track...t5BAgf8iw23QgS0

info
https://marcominnemann1.bandcamp.com/album/their-colors-fade

a3315592758-10

Edited by luca2112 - 6/5/2023, 11:13

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 25/5/2023, 15:40

the analog kid

Group:
Administrator

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 9/6/2023, 10:19

the analog kid

Group:
Administrator

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 13/6/2023, 18:08

the analog kid

Group:
Administrator

il video ufficiale del nuovo brano

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 26/6/2023, 16:14

the analog kid

Group:
Administrator

Entro l'anno è previsto un album tributo ad un altro storico trio canadese, i Triumph.
Da un'intervista al chitarrista Rik Emmett su Guitar World si svela che tra i partecipanti al tributo ci sarà anche Alex Lifeson (con Andy Curran) con il pezzo "Bliding Light Show" dal primo album dei Triumph.
Al tributo parteciperanno, tra gli altri, Sebastian Bach, Joey Belladonna, Nancy Wilson delle Heart e Mickey Thomas.

le parole di Rik a Guitar World

"... I do know that Andy Curran did a version of "Blinding Light Show" with Alex Lifeson. He played it for me, and it was wildly different from what we did. It was terrific, but completely reimagined. It's weird to have these reinterpretations of our songs. I can only imagine what it was like for Leonard Cohen to hear two dozen versions of "Hallelujah" in one year. I take a cue from him. Whenever somebody asked him, "What do you think of that version of 'Hallelujah,' he said, 'Oh, that's one of the best things I ever heard.'"

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 6/7/2023, 16:20

the analog kid

Group:
Administrator

intervista a Lifeson che parla dei progetti futuri degli Envy of None....altri EP in arrivo invece di un album intero

... Abbiamo circa 6 canzoni che sono in diverse fasi di sviluppo in questo momento. E la nostra intenzione è quella di fare più di questi EP piuttosto che un album completo. Penso che sia più divertente per noi, per farci andare avanti invece di lavorare per un anno e poi rilasciare. Almeno facciamo le cose mensilmente o ogni 6 settimane circa. Sviluppiamo una canzone, la pubblichiamo e poi passiamo a quella successiva. È davvero molto divertente per tutti noi. ...

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 17/8/2023, 12:14

the analog kid

Group:
Administrator

Mentre Alex si rilassa giocando a golf con Andy Curran e un altro paio di amici, annuncia, tramite le newsletter ufficiale, che è al lavoro sul secondo album degli Envy of None (EON 2)...potrebbe esserci qualche novità già entro fine anno

367489964-10227116569932993-5137255190273209600-n

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 17/12/2023, 22:07

the analog kid

Group:
Administrator

Alex Lifeson ospite nel nuovo album dei Trifecta in uscita il 15 marzo 2024.
I Trifecta sono la band di Nick Beggs, Adam Holzman and Craig Blundel (già all'opera nei progetti solisti di Steven Wilson) e Alex comparirà nel brano "Once Around The Sun With You"

https://dmme.net/trifecta-invite-lifeson-a...ir-color-trope/

Web Contacts  Top
92 replies since 15/6/2021, 17:22   454 views