« Older   Newer »
luca2112
view post Posted on 15/7/2021, 08:04 by: luca2112

the analog kid

Group:
Administrator

Intervista a Andy Curran in cui parla anche del nuovo progetto con Lifeson
https://letsrock2112.wordpress.com/2021/07/13/andy-curran/

While I was working at SRO Anthem, I obviously became close friends with many of the artists on the label and management roster. Alex was no exception and the friendship started with tennis and golf games spilling in to getting invited as the opening act for some Canadian “Roll the Bones” tour dates. He and I always spoke about music we loved and listened to and then one day out of the blue the line was crossed and Alex asked if I would play bass on a few songs he had written and wasn’t happy with his bass parts. My reply was ….”don’t you know any other bassists..like a guy whose initials are “GL”..Anyway we both laughed and I was incredibly honoured at the request. I’m still pinching myself that it actually happened. So that led to me telling him about Maiah Wynne, a young female singer songwriter that my friend Alf Annibalini and I were collaborating with. I played him a few songs and he really loved her voice so I asked if he had any guitar ideas if he would think about being part of this. One song turned into two and today we have 10 songs pretty much completed. It’s a side project for him but he has been a driving force behind finishing this and getting it released so people can hear it. I’m very proud of what we’ve all done. It’s very trippy, dark, heavy and pop / industrial vibes all smashed into a blender!! We’re having a lot of fun and the cherry on top is seeing Alex get creative after a very dark chapter for him after the loss of his friend Neil

Web Contacts  Top
92 replies since 15/6/2021, 17:22   454 views